Re: Help on specimems at Palaeontologic Museum Oslo

DinosØMP wrote:
>Are there any names given to the vertebrae which has been called "Hadrosaurus
>indet." from Uzbekistan?
        I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to, mostly because I
haven't got my references organized sufficiently (and many of the relevant
ones are in Russian, moving htem to the bottom of the stack). However, as a
general rule, hadrosaur vertebrae are not considered distinct enough to
support generic identification. In some cases a partial spine with complete
neural arches (and centra, of course) might be referrable to an established
genus or might even be nameable (e.g. _Barsboldia_, which also had a pelvis,
but which is perhaps a questionable genus anyway...).

Jaime A. Headden:
>  I do beleive *Arstanosaurus kyzylkumensis* (Nessov,
>1998?) (a nomen dubium?) qualifies, from either
>Kazakstan or Uzbekistan (I'm fairly certain it's the
>latter, but am willing to be wrong :) ).
        I have this paper. It is in Russian, but the taxon appears to be
based on a partial maxilla (nice to see someone having the guts to name a
hadrosaur without a complete skull).

>  Anyway, does anyone out there have a fairly
>accessible and relatively English (or Russian) ref for
>the Bissekty, Kyzyl Kum, or Uzbekistan, other than
>Currie, Godfrey, and Nessov (1994)?
        Umm...could you give me the ref. for this paper? I've never heard of
it.

        Wagner
 "Only those whose life is short can truly believe that love is forever"-Lorien