Re: Dinosaur Art & Q's

On Tue, 20 Apr 1999, GOBI 2010 wrote:

> Is it just me or does Paleontology, and Dinosaurs get downplayed
> greatly by the media,etc?

Dinosaurs *downplayed* by the media???? What alternate universe is this
e-mail coming from? (I'm glad I don't live there. :)

One out of the top 100 scientists being a paleontologist sounds about
right to me. That you would think otherwise is probably *because*
paleontology *does* get more than its fair share of media attention,
creating the perception that it is a larger field than it is.

Right?

--T. Mike Keesey                                    <tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu>
WORLDS                                  <http://www.gl.umbc.edu/~tkeese1>
THE DINOSAURICON                               <http://dinosaur.umbc.edu>