Re: Where did the Stegosaurus go?

In a message dated 4/23/99 2:15:21 AM EST, A.Yates@zoo.latrobe.edu.au writes:

<<  Was there some big catastrophe?  And
 if there was, what prompted the return of our Cretaceous friends, and
 why didn't we see another rise of dinosaurs 65 mya.? >>

Stegosaurians weren't a particularly diverse group of dinosaurs, which may be
one of the reasons they didn't make it to the end of the Mesozoic Era but
(seemingly) became extinct by the beginning of the Late Cretaceous. The only
known post-Early Cretaceous stegosaurian was once _Dravidosaurus blanfordi_
from India, but this genus and species have turned out to be based on
indeterminate plesiosaur material.