Re: "Dinosaurs don't count"

><<  A footnote: To show his contempt for airy fantasies,
> Bentham ordered that, after his death, his body should be stuffed. It
> was. You may see him in a case, in London to this day, his body now
> called "The Auto-icon." Poetic justice: Bentham ended up like Sue. >>
>
>Auto-icon in the sense of autodidact (self-educated), I suppose.  Bentham
>donated his body for scientific study, as I recall.

Maybe, but I really meant he's STUFFED, in a glass case at University
College, London, sitting in a chair wearing his clothes, twisty hands
like two little stuffed alligators, and a wax head as a concession to
public squeamishness. "Auto icon" in the sense of "turning oneself into a
work of art." They take him out and have a banquet with Bentham
presiding, now and then, just like Anthony Perkins and his Mom at the
Bates Motel.
 So yes, Jessica, there is a Dinosaur...
George

George J. Leonard, Ph.D.
Professor of Interdisciplinary Humanities
San Francisco State University
530 Humanities Hall
1600 Holloway Avenue
San Francisco, California, 94132