Re: [Comments on (dare we say it) Pack hunting assertion?]

According to that post, this "tons of evidence" which is cites still focuses
on that one _D.antirrhopus_, _T.tilleti_ site. All the others just comment on
the cases where Deinon teeth have been found in close proximity of Tenontosaur
skeletons all of which was mentioned on that monster thread back in 96 on
this.

Which reminds me, does anyone on the list happen to know exactly when in 96
that thread was (Pack hunting theropods/Pack hunting dromaeosaurs) as the
search engine is till not up *squeak* *squeak*.

Archosaur J

*squeak* *squeak* :)

Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette <dinosaur@dinosaur.org> wrote:
> We received this letter which refers to a television documentary that we
> have not seen.
>
> Can anyone comment as to whether this constitutes new evidence for "pack
> hunting?"
>
> Also, on a program entitled "Killers Raptors" that aired about a
> > month ago
> > (and which I taped), there was tons of evidence for Deinonychus to be
> > roaming around in packs. The program focused on the skeleton
> > paleontologists
> > found, a Tenontosaurus, an animal as long as a school bus, and the
> > fact that
> > it was brought down, not by a single Deinonychus, but a mob of 15 or
> > more.
> >
> > One of the first clues was the amount of damage, so many huge slash
> > wounds
> > on every single part of its body there was no way it could have been
> > brought
> > down by a single predator. This was also the clue which shows that
> > the
> > carnivores were definitely NOT scavenging. A second clue, which also
> > lead to
> > the identity of the killers, were the vast amount of teeth, 11 or
> > more found
> > around the skeleton and imbedded in the bones. It is fairly common
> > for a
> > carnivore to lose one or two teeth while attacking or feeding, but
> > not 11,
> > it would be toothless in just a few feedings. So, there must have
> > been many
> > Deinonychus working together to bring down an animal many times
> > larger than
> > itself. A third clue, one which I find highly interesting, also
> > gives us a
> > look at raptor parenting skills. Many adult teeth were found, along
> > with
> > their marks on the skeleton, but right along side were teeth of
> > babies and
> > on the skeleton, the groves the teeth would have made as a baby fed.
> >
> > This Tenontosaurus has given us much evidence. But an older site
> > gives us
> > much more. A fossil site was discovered with a Tenontosaurus and
> > several
> > skeletons (not just bits and pieces) of Deinonychus.
>

> --
> AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor
>
> When you think of dinosaurs, think of DIG!
> The Dinosaur Interplanetary Gazette - 245 Million Years of News at
> Dinosaur Central
> http://www.dinosaur.org  mailto:Editor@dinosaur.org
> Recommended by The National Education Association,Encyclopedia
> Britannica Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site
> of the Day. Member of The Paleo Ring
>
> Bear Bob's Story - Where the first teddy bear really came from....
> A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer
> http://www.dinosaur.org/teefr/bearbob.html  mailto:Teefr@Juno.Com
> Book Two of the Teddy Quartet, A Yahooligans choice.

> [...]

Jurassosaurus's Reptipage: A page devoted to the study of the reptilia

http://members.tripod.com/~jurassosauridae/index.html