Re: Dromeosaurid behavior........Pack hunting! (long)

megaraptor wrote:

> I had several posts on the Dinosaur Mailing List that dealt with this.
> Many may
> not believe that the Deinonychus antirrhopus hunted in organized packs,
> but some of the scientific community does. ( I'm not going to say who
> though)

I suppose that my main question in this matter is, why is it difficult to
believe that certain species of Dinosaurs did hunt in packs?  From a simple
biological point of view, it would make great sense to think that, for a
matter of efficiency if nothing else, some species eventually came to behave
in this fashion.  I'm not trying to start any debate with anyone, but I am
simply curious:  Why would some types of dinosaur not live in hunting
packs?  What would some of the disadvantages of this type of living be?

Thanks...

--
John M. Dollan
Graduate Assistant-Residence Life

"Exploration is an obsession.  The more I discover, the more I want to
know.  Unfortunately I will not be able to discover everything I want."
 --Meave Leakey

"Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember, amateurs built the Ark.
Professionals built the Titanic."
 --Unknown