RE: Theropod "migrations" (incorrect citation)

With regard to the wolf attack on a man:
I gave the citation incorrectly because I was responding off the top of my
head.
The correct citation is:
American Photo
May/June 1999

Joel Sartore describes a wolf attack on him by wolves he was photographing
in
Yellowstone. The key here is that wolves in Yellowstone are habituated to
humans
under conditions in which the humans are not credible threats.
Habituation is an important part of the behavior pattern of all animals and
animal behavior scientists always take it into account, since it can distort
the
inter-group reaction (e.g. primates) that are the subjects of some studies.
>From the account in American Photo it is not clear whether the attack was
a predator-prey or a predator territorial or pack protection reaction. If
the latter,
then that may explain why he was allowed to retreat.
-Gus Derkits