RE: Dromeosaurid behavior........Pack hunting! (long)

The issue may be packs (like wolves) versus swarms or mobs(like piranha).
Many people associate pack behavior with a fairly high level of
neurological development and even intraspecies communication
that some are not willing to credit to dinosaurs. If we think of
dinosaurs as lizard-like, that may make some sense, since
lizards do not exhibit pack hunting. If we think of
dinosaurs as birdlike, however, well-organized family
hunting appears to be fairly common in raptor birds
and crows and parrots exhibit communications in flocks
based on familial relationships.
The number of teeth around the Tenontosaurus does
not tell us much about pack behavior, since it may
merely indicate how many Deinonychus could be
feed to satiety from a Tenontosaurus carcass. What
may be more relevant is the number of dead Deinonychus
bodies around  the Tenontosaurus, since that
indicates activity. Presumably the Deinonychus were
killed by the Tenontosaurus during their attack on it.
-Gus Derkits