Re: Theropod "migrations"

At 11:05 AM 4/26/99 -0400, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:
>That is the point of the comment "meat is meat": for most carnivores, it
>doesn't matter if it feeds on the meat from a local animal or the meat of
>animal from another part of the world.

For instance, let us take the example of the lion (_Panthera leo_).  As
recently as Roman times it lived in Europe as well as Africa.  In East
Africa it main prey animals are wildebeest and zebra.  I can guarantee that
it did NOT eat those two animal in Europe, as they were not there.  It
probably ate Quagga before that species became extinct, but other than that
its most likely prey were various species of deer - which are in a
different family than the wildebeest (an antelope).

And whatever the wolf ate in China, it was *not* bison!