Re: Dromeosaurid behavior........Pack hunting! (long)

I strongly disagree.
First, not all of the clues are gone. Patterns of bone breaks and the
disposition
of some bones in relation to others can be important evidence, just as in a
crime
scene reconstruction. Exposing all of the details to argument will allow more
questions to be asked that may lead to better reconstructions.
Second, the context for one site includes all other sites. A theory about a
given
site
can be tested by looking at other sites as they turn up. It is important to
theorize.
Since I don't believe that behavior of advanced predators is fixed and
am willing to think that behavior patterns may be seasonal, occasional,
may represent a portion of the population based on age, temporary
sexual success, sex, prey type, or other unknown factors, I am not
concerned with statements like "dromeosaurs were pack hunters" but with
statements like "dromeosaurs were capable of pack hunting", which
I think might be provable.
Gus Derkits