Re: Pack hunting? (joke)

Allan Edels wrote:

>     First:  I personally believe that the available evidence indicates the
> greater likelihood of pack hunting by _Deinonychus_ (of _Tenontosaurus_) -
> although I do see the possibility that I may be wrong and that the evidence
> is not strong enough.

I have my own theory. Being so obviously feathered, Deinonychs were
regularly used as hot water bottle substitutes by cold Tenontosaurs.
The Tenontosaurs would surround themselves with domesticated
dromaeosaurs in the same way that Australian aborigines would surround
themselves with domesticated dingos on cold desert nights. It
just took one careless Tenontosaur to roll over in the night, however...

        Dann Pigdon
        GIS Archaeologist
        Melbourne, Australia

        Australian Dinosaurs: