Re: Well...long necks

Garrison L. Hilliard says:

>What they found, said
>Parrish, was that the even though dinosaurs had necks that could be
>40 feet or more long, the animals could not raise their heads much
>above 9 to 12 feet.

So am I the only one who has always thought that these long necks were
for feeding underwater? From the shore, now while swimming. It seems
there must have been a lot of lakes and ponds with lots water vegetation.
I also don't recall much in the way of fossil evidence of animals who
could take advantage of all that vegetation.

Or am I just an amature with strange ideas?

-Chris