Re: Amargasaurus

>  Perhaps mammals in
>desert climes are developing these fatty humps for energy and water storage
>in part because they excrete urea.

        I'm having trouble thinking of any besides cattle (zebu), camels-
or would humans count too, seeing as we are from the tropics? (fatty
deposits in posterior, hips, stomach, mammaries...).  It seems to me that
if you are an animal trying to lose heat in the desert the absolute worst
way to do that would be to cover your whole body in a layer of insulating
fat. Dunno.

        -N