Re: New ornithomimid?

I just took a look at this in nature today and found that the skeleton they show is rather remarkably preserved and is 3D. One point that struck me, forgive my ignorance was the remarkably long pubes. What could be the function of such an extended pubes with a rather poorly developed boot. It reminds me of the pouch supporting bones in the marsupial. But could it possibly support a large intestinal mass for digestion of plant stuff?
_EA