new book; hot off the presses

     I have just received my copy of Patricia Vickers-Rich and Thomas
     Hewitt Rich, 1999, Wildlife of Gondwana: Dinosaurs and Other
     Vertebrates from the Ancient Supercontinent (Indiana University Press,
     ISBN 0-253-33643-0).

     This is a revised and enlarged version of the Riches' 1993 Australian
     edition.  It is a beautiful book, with oodles of color photographs of
     specimens and life restorations.  Just in time for all your
     paleo-oriented gift-giving needs, eh?

     This is the latest book in the series I am editing for Indiana
     University Press, Life of the Past (OK, not very original, I guess).
     Expect more titles over the coming months and years; we've got lots of
     fun stuff in the pipeline.

     IU Press can be reached at iuporder@indiana.edu

     Jim Farlow