Re: Important feathered dinosaurs

Ronald Orenstein wrote:

Actually the #2 specimen we really need has yet to turn up - a fossil (a) with absolutely undoubted feathers (b) that is unquestionably a non-avian dinosaur.

I thought we already had such a specimen: _Caudipteryx_. It has pennaceous feather AND looks pretty comfortable as an oviraptorosaur. (By contrast, Feduccia and Olson have shoehorned _Caudipteryx_ into the Aves. Pshaw!!!)

Now, is anyone going to suggest _Longisquama_ as #2?  ;-)

Tim