Re: FEATHERED TAILS

Darren Naish wrote:

<At the same meeting I unveiled a rather imaginative
restoration of a feathered _Alvarezsaurus_, which was
fun (when you consider the length of _Alvarezsaurus_'
tail!).>

  I may be wrong here, but isn't the tail of
*Alvarezsaurus* only known to a few vertebrae, these
being, I know, successively longer by a high factor? A
similar distally successive elongation of the caudals
is known in *Rahonavis* and *Mononykus* (Forster et
al., 1996a,b; Perle et al., 1993a,b; and Clark et al.,
1994) but these tails are fairly short (not fully
determinate in *Rahonavis*, but I doubt it had a tail
twice the length of the trunk.

  Jaime