Re: A few very short questions

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, chris brochu wrote:

> I'm not sure it's such a big problem.  I taught a dinosaur course at UT
> Austin for several years, and cladistics is NOT outside the grasping
> range of the average citizen.  Anyone can understand it.

Bearing in mind the amount of content an AP Biology teacher must cover,
what level of complexity do you think suffices.  For example, I teach
making a cladogram from derived characteristics, compare it with a
phenogram.  And move on.  Another thing to bear in mind is that none of
this had yet reache the AP test.