Re: PALEONEWS: Did dinosaurs come in different colors?

At 12:34 AM 10/12/1999 -0600, you wrote:
        This summer I got to see what appear to be preserved dinosaur
*stripes*, believe it or not, one of the few cases I know of any truly
ancient animals preserving a coloration pattern. Well, actually I don't
know of any others.

Actually, I believe there are fossil butterflies or moths, and at least one species of Mesozoic lacewing or similar insect, that show wing-patterns quite well.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court