Re: PALEONEWS: Did dinosaurs come in different colors?

there was a discussion on-list a couple of years ago about preserved
pigmentation and interference and such:

(Alan Brush discussing color molecules)
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1996Jun/0039.html

(start of thread on fossil pigmentation)
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1995Apr/0094.html

(additional single post-preservation of  color in gastropods)
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1995Apr/0172.html

(additional additional thread-pigment discussion)
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1997Aug/msg00245.html

some refs on fossil color preservation:
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1995Apr/0075.html
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1995Mar/0356.html

Also a discussion on the differences of how dinosaur vision would
probably perceive the same colors we were looking at:
http://www.cmnh.org/fun/dinosaur-archive/1995Mar/0291.html

-Betty Cunningham

--
Flying Goat Graphics