Ceratosaurus (was RE: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #127)

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Dinogeorge@aol.com

[concerning some of Pickering's nomina nuda]

>Tracy lists a skull as part of the type
> material of C.
> willisobrienorum--I think it's the big skull that has been kicking around
> Colorado and/or Utah awaiting a description.

There are a couple of good new specimens of _Ceratosaurus_ for whom the
description is in progress (close to publishing, I think).  They include
some new elements not previously described for this taxon.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742
http://www.geol.umd.edu/~jmerck/eltsite