Re: skin impression

> From: Ron Buckley <ronbuckley@fuse.net> wrote:
> I have a piece of
> sandstone type of material with a skin impression.  --SNIP--
> I would appreciate any other source that might be of help.

You may wish to contact Spencer G. Lucas at the New Mexico Museum of
Natural History (contact info at <www.nmmnh-abq.nm.us/nmmnh/nhmlist.html)
who recently identified a very well-preserved patch of skin impression from
a hadrosaur.  Also, the author of the skin article you reference
(_Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs_), Stephen Czerkas, could be reached via The
Dinosaur Museum, with contact information at <http://dinosaur-museum.org/>.
 If your fossil is a genuine fossilized dinosaur skin impression, I am sure
that these gentlemen would be interested in assisting you.  One other
avenue would be for you to post an image for list members to inspect.

You will find a few more photographs of dinosaur skin in David Lambert's
_The Complete Dinosaur Book_ and David Norman's _The Illustrated
Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs_, but I would strongly advise you to consult with
an expert, as some specimens of fossilized dinosaur skin have not been
published in readily available sources (if at all) and your fossil should
be studied so it may contribute to our understanding of dinosaur skin,
whose record thus far leaves much to be desired.

-- Ralph Miller III     gbabcock@best.com