Re: One for the bird brigade

At 18:41 -0500 5/1/99, Ronald Orenstein wrote:

>Back from two weeks in Florida, and what do I find?

A bloomin' mess at Pearson?

>To the best of my knowledge there is no really clear
>candidate for a basal neornithine, or a clear indication of which living
>order of birds is closest to the basal taxon (though tinamous and galliform
>birds, among others, have been suggested).

So, basically, what you're saying is that dinosaurs probably would in fact
taste like chicken.

Anyone see the recent AIR with the systematics of taste?

Laurie Nyveen                                  lawrence@dsuper.net
Editor, Netsurfer Digest - <http://www.netsurf.com/nsd/index.html>
DNRC Minister of Adding "ue" to Words That End in "log"
"All we are, basically, are monkeys with car keys."
                             - Grandma Woody (Northern Exposure)