Re: CLIMBING CROCS

---darren.naish@port.ac.uk wrote:

> I've been aware of this
> for years as I recall a segment on a TV documentary where a baby Nile
> croc was climbing around in a tree about 5 ft off the ground.

Another television cite: I recently was able to actually *watch* one
of the television programs I mention in my weekly mail: "The River
Dinosaur," about the Nile Crocodile.  Featured was an *adult* animal
that climbed several feet up a tree to snatch a prey carcass from a
juvenile jaguar.  (The croc then lost most of the carcass to a hyena
at water's edge, which then promptly lost it to a lion!)

> Also, believe it or not, there were feral baby crocodiles running
> around in England in the last century and the fact that they used to
> hide up trees was often mentioned.

Arboreal juvenile Anglo crocs?  There will always be an England.

==
Larry

"Putting all reason aside
You exchange what you've got
For a thing that's hypnotic and strange"