Re: EATIN' DINO (WAS: Re: One for the bird brigade)

>At 09:18 AM 1/6/99 +0000, Brian Franczak wrote:
>>L Nyveen wrote:
>>
>>> So, basically, what you're saying is that dinosaurs probably would  > in
>fact taste like chicken.

I've actually published (sort of) a paper on the phylogeny of culinary
characteristics.  "Poultry" is the ancestral flavor for Tetrapoda,
tetrapods ancestrally go with white wine, and their meat is ancestrally
flaky.  (Bear in mind, I was unable to sample a coelacanth or lungfish, so
these might have more general distribution.)

chris

Christopher Brochu
Department of Geology
Field Museum of Natural History