Irritator,Suchomimus

Subject: Irritator,Suchomimus                                8:44 AM
1/6/99

  Perhaps many of the assumptions I'm  about to propose  are derived from
comparisons based on pictures( and bad  ones at that) and a quick reading of
a paper, but has Irritator been revisited and compared to Suchomimus or
Baryonyx?  In the 1996 Martill( et all) paper there are several comparisons
made to place Irritator in one of the many Theropod groups.  It was deduced
that it was not an  easy match, but Bullatosauria seemed to be the group
with the most similar characteristics.   There is some mention of Spinosaurs
towards the end, but it is dismissed because of a lack of material ( although
the teeth attributed to Spino matched well with Irritator).
   I believe it  is  somewhat safe to throw Spinosaurus in with Suchomimus.,
and if I am wrong please let me know.   There appear to be superficial
similarities between Sucho and Irritator, and from what I gather, Irritator
was found in terrible shape but was reconstructed to the best of their
knowledge.  Maybe it's time to look it over once more.

  Just a pre-coffee-and -bagel thought.
David Krentz