Re: Lewis and Clark

This is tugging a memory...
I think I'm recalling a Smithsonian article on Thomas Jefferson (it was
about the time Barry Bostwick had been Jefferson on a made-for-TV movie
you see) that discussed mounted moose skeletons in France and the fossil
mammal remains that Lewis and Clark sent to him (that may have been
named something-or-other jeffersonii in his honor?)

This was read a while ago (many years even) and not dinosaur but I'm
wondering if this might not be that?

-Betty Cunningham