Re: Eustreptospondylus Q's

In a message dated 1/12/99 1:04:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
qilongia@yahoo.com writes:

<< It depends on the antlers, which by their own composition, will not
 fossilized. Who knows, maybe hypsies and hadrosaurs had antlers or
 something! >>

I've seen horns, of course, but antlers?!
I was initially asking about predators, who would need a lot more energe for a
continuing chase.  That, of course, has implications for their anyothermy.  I
don't think there is a living reptile which chases for a long time, is there?
Thanks for the image of antlered hadros, though with all the other decorations
a lot of them had on their heads, antlers would have made things cluttered.
My favorite dinotype image is still the one I mentioned in my Christmas
greeting to Mary Kirkaldy(sp?), Santa's sled drawn by a covey of
archaeopteryxes.  Just for that one night, they can fly.  (If the
reconstructions are any indication, though, any kid looking out the window at
the wrong time would scream at a phalanx of turkey buzzards bearing down on
him.  Maybe it's better to leave it at reindeer.)