Re: Variraptor revisited

>Even then, how does that make it a scavenger?  Theropods lost teeth while
>feeding quite regularly.  It might just mean it was a pack hunter.

Yes, it might. However, nothing indicates this for sure. It is more likely
to me that it was eating a dead animal than slaying one in groups. And it is
quite likely that, as, I think, the article says, it both hunted and
scavenged.
I do not exclude the pack-hunting hypothesis, but I think we're often to
loose in attributing behaviors to any dino. Artists may (and must) do it to
picture living scenes, but science writings should not be so loose.

>May the peace of God be with you.         sarima@ix.netcom.com

P.S. Did you receive the JVP articles I sent?

Best regards.

Félix Landry
e-mail: forelf@internet19.fr