Re: Loch Ness

I think that for a plesiosaur to surive there would have to be multiple of
them and thus more sightings should occur. If it had to breathe air with
lungs, it would have to surface often. Even whales can only hold their breath
for 20 to no more than an hour at a time until it must surface and breathe
there for a time. It seems that if something that large lived in a somewhat
confined area it should be seen more often.

I watched a show a few weeks ago which was about hoaxes of bigfoot, aliens,
the Loch Ness monster and others. I showed how easy it was to make a
believable hoax and told exactly how they did it. It also mentioned several
people who came out and told that their sighting were staged even after many
people believed. I think those people are just trying to "earn" fame and
fortune, and I think the public is too eager to eat it up.

I read a book last summer entitled MEG. I was about about a supposily
extincted gigantic shark, Megalosaurus or something like that, which survied
for millions of years in the hot waters on the ocean floor by vents that
released hot gases. It survied the ice age like that and then gets to the
surface in the book and chases havic of all sorts but I was wondering if
anyone had read this or if there was such a shark. I know there's a land
theropod named the same. If anyone has read it, did you think it was a very
plausable way of surviving?

                                                ~Matt