Re: SciFair judges say "No!" to Paleontology "experiment".

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999, J. Lundquist wrote:

> As a science fair judge, I will say that, no, a science fair project does
> not have to be an experiment, particularly for younger kids.  However,
> above the younger grades, a successful project, in terms of winning an
> award, will be an experiment.

Oxford English Dictionary defines experiment as: An action or operation
undertaken in order to discover something unknown, to test a hypothesis,
or establish  or illustrate some known truth.

I would be interested to know if the paleontological project/experiment
we were discussing would qualify as an award winner in your science fair
(assuming that it was done well, good statistics etc.).  And if so, may I
have the address of your next science fair? :-)
John Bois.