Re: Frenguellisaurus ischigualastensis

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:

> It's called Neotheropoda or Carnosauria, depending on whether
> _Megalosaurus_ is classified as a ceratosaurian or carnosaurian. Of course,
> the three genera >by themselves< don't form a natural group, since none of the
> three is ancestral to the other two.

Read my post:  *Meg* is neither a ceratosaur nor a carnosaur, but a basal
tetanurine.

I've never heard that *Meg* was supposed to be closer to *Ceratosaurus*
than to birds, and I don't believe it is closer to *Allosaurus* than to
birds, either.

Nick Pharris
Pacific Lutheran University
Tacoma, WA 98447