Cold, salt-reduced plesiosaurs

No, the subject line does not introduce a new type of TV dinner. Read on

Kevin Hoxsey wrote: [SNIPPED]

> ...sort of like the plesiosaur
> argument for Loch Ness:  "The animals COULD have survived, COULD have
> adapted to the colder temperatures and COULD have adapted to fresh >rather
> than salt water.  My suspension of disbelief can only go so far.

Actually, fresh water plesiosaur remains have been found in south
eastern Australia, in an area that would have been within the Antarctic
circle during the Early Cretaceous. So this reduces things down to
just "the animals COULD have survived". Which is of course highly
unlikely in and of itself.

(note: I did not mention the dreaded "C" word)

        Dann Pigdon
        GIS Archaeologist
        Melbourne, Australia

        Australian Dinosaurs: