Re: COELACANTHS & PARASAUROLOPHUS

Darren Naish wrote:

> On the same theme, Milner's theory required that a 'notch' in the
> caudal cervicals of _Parasaurolophus_ was not an artefact, but a
> genuine feature present in all individuals. This is evidently
> incorrect, but I am sure I've seen life restorations of
> _Parasaurolophus_ where the 'neck notch' is evident. Sorted through
> loads of dino art over the weekend and couldn't find it.. I thought
> it might have been Jenny Halstead but alas was not. Can anyone cite
> artwork with a  restored _Parasaurolophus_ that has the neck notch?

I hate to be a ratfink, but David Peters created such a restoration in A
DINOSAUR YEAR: 1989 CALENDAR (Alfred A. Knopf, Inc. 1988). Sorry, Dave!
(To his credit though, he had corrected this error but a year later in A
GALLERY OF DINOSAURS AND OTHER EARLY REPTILES (Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.
1989).)

Brian (franczak@ntplx.net)
http://www.paleolife-art.com