"Is the Fossil Record Adequate?"

I think I have answered Tom's points on flightlessness-clumping and the
value of stratigraphy adequately, and also satisfied Ralph.

I hope we can take it that the points dealing with the unacceptability of
dependent characters, the value of circumstantial evidence, and Peter W's
view that "parsimony often underestimates actual evolution" are valid, and
that 2F can now be accepted.

I look forward to seeing a fair and reasonably full account of it in
forthcoming summaries, and... dare we hope for a piece in "New Scientist" in
the next few months?  "Pretty Please" Jeff :-) ?

John

"You have nothing to lose but your illusions"