Re: HUMOR: Oedipus rex

Betty et al (and Le Fromage Royale, of course)...

You are quite correct in your feelings that there is was a dino "hiding in
the maze during the scene in the fountain" in Branagh's pic of MUCH ADO.

Branagh is on very firm ground with this choice, as it happens.

What you and other interested parties may not be familiar with is that Will
Shakespeare wrote a number of scripts with paleontological themes.  The
source of his pre-Mantellian knowledge will probably ever remain a mystery,
and the plays were never produced because no Elizabethan had the faintest
clue what they were about.

However, my extensive reserach has revealed the following unproduced
Shakespearian scripts, which I hereby call to your attention:

MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHOSAURS, 1587

THE COMEDY OF HERRESAURS, 1590

TWO GORGOSAURS OF VERONA, 1593

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DROMEASAURID, 1595

RHYNCOSAUR III ("A horsetail, a horsetail, my kingdom for a horsetail..."),
1599

And, of course, his immortal...

ALLOSAURUS WELL THAT ENTELODONTS WELL, 1601

Hope this is helpful...

--Christopher