RE: Stratigraphy, biogeography & cladograms

I believe you're trying to ask if birds are monophyletic or
paraphyletic.  Its something I have often wondered about myself,
especially lately with the recent Chinese finds.  To anyone:  Has this
issue been explored?  Perhaps by Feduccia?

Lauri L. Bartlema
Curatorial Assistant
Conservation Division
Directorate of Environment