Re: SICB Report

In a message dated 1/19/99 7:58:09 AM EST, cbrochu@fmppr.fmnh.org writes:

<< Some of George's statements
 about being 18 percent wrong or something are not entirely correct - >>

The 18% wrong ratio comes from the "stratocladistics" study presented at the
SVP meeting in Chicago in 1997 (last SVP I was at). The authors (don't have
their names handy, but their paper is abstracted in the JVP supplement for
that year) claimed that incorporating stratigraphic information improved this
ratio to about 10% wrong. At least, that's what I gathered from the talk, and
it didn't seem unreasonable to me.