Re: Spinosaurids

On Tue, 19 Jan 1999 01:05:06 EST Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 1/18/99 7:55:04 PM EST, thescelosaurus@juno.com
>writes:
>
><< and possibly
> *Sinocoelurus*  >>
>
>Sinocoelurus a spinosaurid? News to me. Reference?

  I don't really have a reference; I was just eyeballing it as possibly
related, because in several books (I'm thinking Glut's encyclopedia
specifically) its teeth are compared favorably to *Siamosaurus*.  So,
that's why I consider it as possibly related.  I can't make anything
secure, because being based on teeth is nearly the Kiss of Death for most
theropods when it comes to validity.  The position is just speculation at
this point, but may be possible.  I've aligned *Sinocoelurus* with the
spinosaurids very provisionally, pending further research on it.
-*Thescelosaurus*

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]