PRE-CRETACEOUS COELUROSAURS

Jeez.....  Does it never end?  Once again we hear on this list claims that
Archaeopteryx had to be ancestoral to bird-like theropods because
Archaeopteryx is from the Late Jurassic and bird-like theropods are from the
Cretaceous.

Once again, I must point out that there are quite a few Late Jurassic
coelurosaurs which have to be the sister taxa to birds (Compsognathus,
Coelurus, Ornitholestes, Koparion) and there are dromaeosaur teeth known from
the Middle Jurassic.

That is all I have to say...

Peter Buchholz
Tetanurae@aol.com