Re: Testable Hypotheses

>>There is, however, some cloudiness in this issue with respect to
the word "test."  That is to say that it is a bit messy to call
cladograms testable phylogenetic hypotheses when the "tests" are
conducted in the same manner in which the hypotheses themselves are
generated.  It is arguable that this is a bit circular.>>

I guess we must agree to disagree on this !, but you would accept that
this is better than the alternatives .... perhaps we could invoke some
preconceived notion as to the direction of evolutionary change instead
(not meaning to sound sarcastic !) .... come in  Louis Dollo, your time
is up !.

Gar

Gareth J. Dyke
Dept of Earth Sciences