Re: CNN: fossil shows dinosaurs were supercharged

In a message dated 1/21/99 2:37:24 PM EST, bettyc@flying-goat.com writes:

<< Meat-eating dinosaurs may have been
 technically reptilian, but they could run fast enough and long enough to
 chase down any prey they wanted, researchers said on Thursday.  >>

Way back in 1994 I wrote about this in my article on dinosaurs and birds for
OMNI magazine, based in part on paper by Regal & Gans in "Cold Look at Hot-
Blooded Dinosaurs." The stamina came not from endothermic metabolism but from
improved circulatory system including four-chambered heart, complete
separation of oxygenated from deoxygenated blood. Nice to see details are
beginning to be worked out.