Re: Dinosaurs to birds

Not ALL the dinosaurs died.  The non-avian dinosaurs and large avian-like
dinosaurs died.

Birds (avian dinosaurs) had already evolved from earlier dinosaur
ancestors and were beginning to radiate into many different forms during
the middle to late Cretaceous.

The comet (or asteroid) only killed off a few of the "bird" lines.

Overall, birds (avian dinosaurs) survived the destruction quite well and
share our world today in great numbers and forms.

---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)