Re: K/T frogs

Toads frequently survive winters by hibernating in a burrow.
Where do frog workers think frogs and toads diverged? I would think it
was very very early, pre K/T by a long shot.

What's the difference between regular toad hibernation and
supersugarcrisp hibernation?  (or anyone know a ref?)
Would it be possible that salamanders, newts, mud-dogs, and other
non-frog amphibians could also suparsugarcrisp?

-Betty Cunningham