Re: Dinosaurs to birds

I know that birds evolve from dinosaurs, and I would like some litersture on
it if anyone knows any good papers or books on it, but I don't really
understand why people like to say "birds" and "(avian dinosaurs)" right after
it. Is that for a type of reference or something, because if dinosurs evolved
into birds, then they wouldn't be dinosaurs anymore, they'd be birds and you
could just say that. Unless, of course, there's some other type of bird that
DIDN'T evolve from dinosaurs, then I'd see a reason for it. Can someone please
clarify? Thanks, ans thanks to the responses to my last letter.

                                                        ~Matt