Re: Aalenian Dinosaurs?

In a message dated 1/24/99 3:01:26 AM EST, tkeese1@gl.umbc.edu writes:

<< To my surprise, I found that not only are no theropods known
 from the Aalenian Age (the first age of the Middle Jurassic), but no
 dinosaurs, period, are known from the Aalenian! >>

This is the one claim to fame of the Aalenian stage. I know of no named
dinosaur genera or species ranging through the Aalenian, although I understand
that a few indeterminate scraps of dinosaur material of Aalenian age have been
collected here and there. So if you go by the fossil record, almost all the
major dinosaur groups are Lazarus taxa with respect to the Aalenian.