Re: "The X Digit"...a Pteroid bone??

In a message dated 1/24/99 7:36:48 AM EST, larryf@capital.net writes:

<< >Don't be too sure that pterosaurs are archosaurs...

 Sounds like you don`t think so......why? >>

Everybody should have a look at Dave Peters's pterosaur Web site:

http://home.stlnet.com/~azero/Pterosaur_Homepage.htm

(I was just there and it is up and running.)

A very well-designed Web site that features Dave's pterosaur phylogeny. Good
enough to publish anywhere, in my opinion. He argues that pterosaurs are
derived prolacertiforms, not archosaurs, a viewpoint that is winning converts
in high places.