Re: "The X Digit"...a Pteroid bone??

Dinogeorge wrote:
>In a message dated 1/23/99 10:55:30 PM EST, larryf@capital.net writes:
>
><< When it involves  the use of different morphological structures
> fine, but when the same skeletal constituants are involved I become
> extremely doubtful, especially when the types being compared are close
> together in phylogeny. (in this case being both archosaurs). >>
>
>Don't be too sure that pterosaurs are archosaurs...

Are you familiar with The Pterosaur Home Page by David Peters
(dpeters@stlnet.com) at
http://home.stlnet.com/~azero/Pterosaur_Homepage.htm? He classifies the
prolacertiformes as the sister group to the pterosaurs. In his book "The
Reign of the Reptiles" Michael Benton considers that pro's along with the
trilophosaurs and rhynchosaurs as basal archosauromorphs and not archosaurs.

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog
Mines and Geosciences Bureau
Philippines