[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]

Re: alula

James R. Cunningham wrote:

> There can be.  One type of leading edge flap is called a 'slat', another
> a 'Kreuger flap' (sp?), a fixed slat is called a 'slot', an alula on an
> aircraft wing is called a 'snag'.
> Jim
> Betty Cunningham wrote:
> > The alula is on the leading edge of the wing.
> > Do you refer to the flaps on the trailing edge of a wing or are there
> > also flaps on the leading edge (I aint a plane person).