Re: Giant Paleozoic arthropods (was Re: Information)

In a message dated 6/28/99 7:46:58 AM EST, th81@umail.umd.edu writes:

<< There is one of the few life
 restorations of "_Gorgosaurus sternbergi_" (labelled "an early species of
 _Gorgosaurus_") ever done. >>

I remember this drawing very well from when I was a kid. It really brought
home the notion that dinosaurs aren't just genera but >species<, and that
different species of the same genus might have been quite different looking
in life. Thereafter I was never particularly satisfied with dinosaur books
that did not consider different dinosaur species rather than just genera (and
that was almost all of them then).